Remember when I went gluten-free a while back? Sticking with a GF diet for over six months now has been easier than I thought. Don’t get me wrong, I still crave the occasional slice of authentic New York pizza or Philly cheesesteak, but overall it’s been a great lifestyle change.
It wasn’t until this summer that I came really close to breaking my fast from gluten. I can’t resist s’mores. They are my weakness and have been since childhood. There’s something about an ooey gooey melted marshmallow squished with chocolate between two crunchy graham crackers. It’s a dessert-lover’s heaven.
How was I going to indulge in my favorite campfire treat without my classic honey grahams? I set out to find the perfect gluten-free graham… a tougher task than I thought. Many of the GF graham crackers I found are comprised of a laundry list of complicated ingredients. I wanted a healthier, wholesome option.
When my sister-in-law introduced me to Nairn’s, a Scottish company that produces gluten-free oat grahams and crackers, I was a bit skeptical. These GF grahams certainly don’t look like your typical graham cracker. But are they just as tasty? Surprisingly, yes. Dare I say, even better! You can even ask my husband. He’s not gluten-free and enjoys them more than regular grahams. Nairn’s grahams have become a staple in our kitchen cabinet.
What’s so great about Nairn’s?
- No artificial colorings, flavors or preservatives
- Crafted from pure, wholesome gluten-free oats
- 4 tasty flavors: classic, chocolate chip, raisin, stem ginger
My favorite s’more combos:
- Classic S’more – GF oat grahams, milk chocolate, marshmallows (2 ‘mallows fit perfectly on Nairn’s!)
- Chocolate Lover’s Delight S’more – GF chocolate chip oat grahams, dark chocolate, chocolate chip marshmallows
- Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel S’more – GF oat grahams, sea salt dark chocolate, DIY malted caramel swirl marshmallows
- Speculoos S’more – GF stem ginger oat grahams, speculoos/cookie butter spread, marshmallows
…writing this post really made me crave a s’more. I think I’ll got roast a marshmallow over my stove top and enjoy a little late night snack. 😉